T asked me if I would go with him to take the dogs for a walk tonight. Much to his surprise (and my own) I said yes. I’ve been so wrapped up in work and baby girl, that it’s not often that I get to spend one on one time with either of my boys. I’m not sure who enjoyed the walk the most: T, me, or the dogs (who never get any attention from me these days). Such a lovely evening with golden summer sunset light. I know I must have been grinning from ear to ear. Of course, I did secretly wish I could have walked with him *and* had my camera, but it was nice to just be. It was nice to just be with him. And listen to him, for real.
He’s really grown up a lot this summer. His passion for butterflies and the thirst for knowledge on all things butterfly is incredible. I had intended to start a blog about our homeschooling adventures–you guys wouldn’t believe the projects the boys have been working on this summer; I’m so proud of what they’ve accomplished–but I’m actually finding it difficult just keeping up with this one. Plus, it wouldn’t be very conducive to my new approach toward work and family these days:
Live more. Blog less.
Limited engagements in Austin, TX, Washington D.C. and Richmond, VA. Learn more!
(Photogs…even if you’re not interested in a session, do check it out if you want to get together for a "meet & greet" lunch December 20th in Richmond).
Exciting, life-changing, and a little terrifying to me…all at the same time.
It’s hard to believe that not too long ago, I totally didn’t see the point in blogging and My Space was annoying. I remember hearing about Facebook when the VT shootings took place, but had no idea what it was. And now, I blog, Twitter, and FB almost daily…pretty much at the same time.
We’re all in the Matrix, people…
The light this morning was magic.
While packing up for tomorrow’s session, I came across this hat. I thought I’d pretend it was cold here today.
Updates and random ramblings:
1. There are only 6–count them–6 holiday session openings left.
2. I have two birth photography session openings left for 2009–one for October and one for early December.
3. For those of you that have contacted me about mini sessions or getting together during our Washington, D.C. and Richomond, VA trip, I’m pretty sure I’ve got a plan worked out. I will be sending information out in a week or so to let you know what’s going on.
4. We spent yesterday at the Snake Farm and the Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch. Snake Farm–hot and a little scary being in a room full of the world’s most venomous snakes. Wildlife Ranch–amazing…an absolute blast, but be sure to watch out for rogue ostriches.
5. This morning, we realized that yesterday would have been Virgil’s first day back at work. I like homeschool. ;-)
6. We’ve also realized that we’ve been very busy homeschooling all summer long. I’m working on a blog to chronicle our journey. I tried to get it posted this week, but by the 7th interruption (Amry needed a new diaper, Logan was stuck on a puzzle piece, Tristan wanted a new brush to use in Photoshop), it was a futile task. Maybe we’ll have it up by the end of the year.
7. Falling asleep at keyboa…
…that this little one is simply precious.
P.S. If you’ve written to me about getting together in DC/Virginia in Dec. and I haven’t gotten back to you yet, I will. To be honest, I’m just overwhelmed with the response. Wow, I had no idea! I truly hope to be able to figure some way out to meet up with everyone.
I finally got around to doing her monthly photo session today (8 mos!!!), and had to share my little blue-eyed angel. Last pic – she learned to clap tonight!
First things first, I’m so proud of my 3 little fishies! They swam like crazy in San Antonio and were incredible travelers! And yes, that is my baby girl in the middle there, swimming *on her own*–well, okay, my hands are there to pick her up as needed. The girl just kicks like a little mermaid and holds her breath so well under water! I guess it shouldn’t surprise me. She was quite literally born that way. ;-)
But, on to the travel announcement:
I will be traveling to my home land in December…Washington, D.C. and the Richmond, VA area! If you are interested in a session, perhaps a mini session, or if you are a photographer and would like to work together in some way, please shoot me an e-mail. We will be there for a short time and it will be a tight schedule, but I’d love to see if there’s any interest and what we could work out!
(By the way, if I’m coming out to your place to do a session and you have a pool or access to a pool, I’d love to do some underwater photography for you. You just gotta let me know so I can come prepared.)
I think the title says it all. ;-)
Hope you had a GREAT 2nd Birthday "Mr. Romeo!" It was wonderful to get to play with you again!