1. First and foremost, I’m sending every single one of a you a huge cyber hug. I don’t even believe in cyber hugs, but I’m sending one anyway. Why? Because you totally overwhelmed me with your support and advice and genuine love over my nursing woes with my baby girl. I know I was having a bit of a pity party that day and in retrospect, I feel incredibly silly for going on and on about it when there are much bigger problems in the world. But you all let me get those feelings out and you didn’t judge me and in fact, you blew me away. And, I’m happy to report that “Elsie” is back in action! I can’t decide if it was the oatmeal, this tincture, your positive thoughts, my positive thoughts, or what, but we are nursing like champs again. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Amry says thank you, too.
2. I got several e-mails about the kids’ kitchen set featured here. I actually happened upon that in Craigslist last year. It’s an older Pottery Barn Kids set ($$$$), but we got a great deal on it. Then we fixed it up a bit by adding a real faucet and a cooler sink. But yes, my kids do use it (although not always for what it was intended), and it’s definitely worth looking out for. But I certainly wouldn’t pay full price for the new ones ;-).
3. In case you’ve missed it, we’ve had a couple more rounds of Follow the Tweets. Somebody has got to jump in there and give Tim a run for his money ;-) (hee hee). I’m going to keep this up because I love showcasing rockin’ places in Austin, so stay tuned.
4. Speaking of Twitter, I just fell prey to another dimension in the world of cyber connections. Facebook. It is the devil, but I’m now right there in the middle of it. You guys might actually get a kick out of me trying to keep all of my worlds from colliding.
5. Poll – If you’ve sent me an e-mail recently, you may have noticed a new auto responder. I finally took the plunge and set up office hours. Turns out three kids is more time consuming than two. Who’d have thunk it? Anyway, does the auto responder bug? If so, let me know and if you have a better idea of how to communicate that info, I’m all ears.
6. Poll – This is for all of my clients: do you want me to sign your prints? Is it meaningful or distracting? I’m clueless.
7. I am looking to buy/barter photographic services for gently used children’s boutique clothing and accessories. I’m trying to build up a wardrobe of sorts for a project I have in the works, so if you have some stuff you want to get rid of, I’m raising my hand over here. I would like unique pieces…brand name (Matilda Jane, Tea, Boden, Zutano, etc.) and I need all sizes, boys and girls.
8. When is my hair going to quit falling out? This is gross.
9. Oh, yeah, the pictures! Let me offer some explanations for those:
– I spied T man tree-climbing the other day. Is it strange that this made me giddy? Something about a kid doing such a kid thing filled my heart with joy. Of course, when he realized I was taking his picture, he put on his very best “smile.” Ugh. Why does he do that?
– I haven’t posted many pics of my middle child lately. I don’t know why, though. He’s just as adorable as ever (in spite of his tantrums as he still tries to find his place in our new family). There he is feeding Kona some chips (lucky dog) and again sporting his “CAUTION: EXTREME AWESOMENESS” shirt. OMD, that shirt is so HIM! I flipped when I saw it in Old Navy and you should hear how he says it…little lisp and all. I love it!
– There’s a random pic of everyone watching TV in there. yeah. Kinda boring, but a true snapshot of my view when I’m working on the puter. ;-)
– Last pic on the corner: I *finally* took the time to set up this digital picture frame my MIL gave me for Christmas. Ack! What took me so long??? I love it!!! I’m seriously thinking I should add this to my product line. Who wouldn’t want to have their pictures already set up in a digital frame, ready to plug in and show off?
Okay. Baby girl is awake. Off to go snuggle (and nurse).